Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Go Syesha!

Well people 21 year old Syesha Mercado was voted off American Idol on 5/14 /2008. I typically don't watch AI but this young lady really caught my attention. She is extremely talented and humble. I wasn't that upset that she was voted off because I know she will still have a successful career. Look at Jennifer Hudson & Chris Daughtry. They did not win AI but have been extremely successful. Some people were saying that it was a race issue. Come on people, why is it everytime someone gets voted off that is black, you pull out the dang race card. Give me a break! Everything happens for a reason and I know this young lady will be more successful then the two finalist. Let keeps in mind she is gonna be on the Idols tour and will make a lot of money and the exposure she got on the show is so awesome. So don't feel sorry for Syesha. Just wanted to shot out another member of DarkSkin Sistas Unite. :-)

Five Random Facts about Syesha

Where do you draw inspiration from?
My fiance, my best friend, my Mom and family, a child's smile, nature, positive energy and the list goes on.

Who are your musical influences?
Whitney Houston, Etta James, Alicia Keyes, Zap Mama, Lauryn Hill, Aretha Franklin.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I love me!

If you don't make it on American Idol, what will you do?
I will make it on American Idol. Thinking positive brings positive outcomes!

When did you first start to sing?
I first started singing at three. I would follow my mom around the house singing and my first vocal performance was in church at the age of four.

Source

0 comments: